Saturday, March 14, 2009

Get Myself a Steady Job, I Guess

I didn't get into grad school.

I didn't really think I'd get into University of Iowa, but the skinny little envelope with the mass-produced mailing label and the "We're downsizing our program due to the current budgetary crisis" bullshit make-you-feel-better attempt still don't feel good.

I got wait-listed at Illinois State, but I refuse to get my hopes up.

I don't really know what I did wrong. School is what I'm good at, you know?

I wish I knew how to not take these things so hard.

As with everything these past couple of months...now what?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nohae said...

You'll be good at life, that's what you'll do.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in a bit of a similar situation.

I haven't applied to grad school yet, but since I already have $13,000 worth of student loans and can't find a job in this economy I thought it'd be best to work on fixing that 1st dilemma before adding on more debt with school.

I'm thinking paralegal certification. Had an adjunct professor who taught and did paralegal work on the side so I should be able to pull it off as a grad student.

One step at a time.

Has your situation resolved itself at all?

4:13 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks for the thoughts.

No resolution yet--I pretty much can't resolve anything until I hear back from Illinois State sometime in April. If I don't get it, I'm thinking Omaha. Rent's not too bad and I know the city, so that might be fun. Of course, the whole job thing is going to have to a pretty big influence on that. I'll let you know.

I am glad that at least I got out of this stupid school without any loans--it's the whole reason I went, after all.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home