Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Greatest Tragedy of Our Lives

I am in mourning. Fabio Viviani, indisputably the best Top Chef cheftestant EVER, has been eliminated. My love for Fabio, you must understand, trumps even my adoration of Season 3's CJ. Fabio is gone, and Season 5 is officially much less interesting, and it will be a hard, hard slog forcing myself to care enough to watch the finale next week.

I have decided I will root for Carla, not because I don't find her annoying (I do), but because I want to see what kind of craziness she'll pull out the instant she wins. Alas, I can only dream, for I'll be damned if Stefan doesn't have this one in the bag, no matter how much Bravo tries to fool us with "Stefan is the VILLAIN!" editing. I wasn't fooled when they did it to Hung, and Stefan just gets too many hugs and kisses from all the cheftestants (except Hosea) to really be that bad a guy.

Hosea, of course, merits no doubt-benefiting, as his idiotic conduct has forever cheapened the classiness that allows me to put up with the technical "reality TV" distinction of Top Chef--though said cheapening isn't entirely his and Leah's fault. I'm looking at you, Diet Dr Pepper Quickfire Challenge. I'll concede that it is the nectar of the gods, but come ON.

I have bemoaned my Fabiolessness long enough here, but I can at least take solace in the likelihood of a TV show starring my favorite cheftestant. Amuse-Biatch reassures me that a Fabio TV project is pretty much an open secret in the Top Chef-verse, and, as AB so aptly points out, "Television was invented so that Fabio could go on it."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AARGH! Don't even get me started. I've been a little pissed with the show since the Last Supper episode. The fact that Stefan is still around is just evidence of the fact that someone wants the guy to win. Don't get me wrong, I've been gunning for Leah to be gone for a while now, but that was just ridiculous.

"Stefan, everyone unanimously agreed you overcooked the salmon. (SALMON.) We didn't like the sauce, and we couldn't tell there was spinach two ways because of the sauce. In other words, your entire meal failed from conception to execution." "Leah, some of us thought you should have cooked the egg a little longer and the hollandaise was a little thin."

So, obviously, LEAH gets cut. WHAT!?

BAH HUMBUG.

If they'd kicked off Stefan (AS THEY SHOULD HAVE), Leah would surely have had the worst dish and our beloved Fabio would still be in the running.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Yeah, I have no clue what happened during that episode. To me, Shitty Protein versus Bad Sauce--the protein's always the greater sin.

Instead, we have Top Chef Hosea. What the hell? This is like if my worst nightmares had come true and Casey had beaten Hung or Lisa had beaten Stephanie/Richard. Hell, it's like if my dreams had come true and Dale had beaten Hung--let's face it, Hung was clearly the top chef, and any other decision would have been stealing the title.

Also, Casey continues her black widow curse.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home