Monday, January 26, 2009

Go Ahead, Take Away My Nerd Card

Okay. I give up, StumbleUpon, CNN, Digg, MSNBC, Reddit, etc.--all those services that think I should know about this. I'll admit it.

...
...
...
I don't know what Twitter is.

Okay, I think I get the concept. You write things. Very short things. "Tweeting," I'm pretty sure. Mobile blogging or something. "I'm eating a sandwich." "Still eating a sandwich." "OMG Dan Abrams and Renee Zellweger are making out at the Ivy." "The olives on this sandwich are somewhat lacking."

But I really don't understand it. I don't even know how one does it. From a phone, I think. Yes?

This is one of those things I could remedy in about sixteen seconds via Wikipedia, but it's kind of liberating to admit near-complete Twitter-oblivion.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People have lost their ever-loving minds over Twitter, no doubt about it! But Twitter can be used for the powers of good. I promise!

Do a little perusing of Favrd to see people using it for mini-blog posts. Case in point.

Also, Joshua Allen is a pro at it, even if he tends to take on creepy personas for each post.

Annnnd this is getting to be longer than I'd anticipated. So... conclusion: try not to let Rick Sanchez influence your view of Twitter. That is all!

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home