Friday, January 23, 2009

Why I Hate Coffee Shops

She pushed up her glasses and tugged at her organic-cotton tunic as she told us about her trip to India. He, apparently the breed known as Fidgety Hipster, waggled a Converse-clad foot and gave the appropriate "yeahs" and "mm-hmms." I didn't really know either of them, but I nodded along.

So she gets to the part of the story where she gets introduced as a women's rights activist during a conference. She glows as she explains how, immediately after the conference, she is "surrounded by traditional women," all asking for help gaining rights, begging her to tell them how to advocate for themselves.

"So I told them, 'You just have to be a bitch. You want men to listen to you, just be a total bitch.'"

She was offended but did not seem to catch the irony when I replied , "Are you fucking nuts?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home