Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thoughts

A. I always like seeing someone walking along and talking to himself on campus. Someday, that person will almost certainly see me do the same, for I am famous for that habit.

B. When I was in high school, my best friend used to sleep over a lot. I had a copy of "Howl" next to my bed, and I used to read it aloud to her until we fell asleep. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but good lord, how fucking punk rock were we? Allen Ginsberg as bedtime stories? We were beyond awesome.

C. Top Five Video Games
1. Final Fantasy VIII: I know, I know, everyone hates this Final Fantasy. Well, not me. Yes, the battle system sucks, and some of the characters are a tad annoying, but the story is amazing and I've always had a thing for the silent, reluctant hero. This was the first FF I ever tried, and seven years later, I still play it and revel in its awesomeness.
2. The Sims: Preferably 2, expansions optional. I enjoy the hell out of this. It's just a dollhouse in pixels, and I never had a dollhouse. I'm totally anal-retentive enough to love these games.
3. Harvest Moon: Any of them, really, but I'm partial to the SNES version and A Wonderful Life. Of course, I just tried this series two months ago. The ultimate girl game.
4. Pokemon Yellow: I recently rediscovered this game, and I'm having a great time with it (again). I'm all about girl games, and this is one of the few actiony level-uppy fighty games I ever really enjoyed. And hell, I don't even like Pikachu.
5. Joust: I will still make you my Joustbitch.

There are a lot of awesome runners-up, but my main criteria for Top 5 was that it had to be something I could play obsessively for weeks.

D. My little brother got the Wii, and skeptics take note: it is fucking awesome. Not merely awesome, but fuckingawesome.

E. Anyone wanna do my 10-page Shakespeare essay by Friday? Anyone?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A. Those of us who talk to ourselves aren't odd. We're just trying to have an intelligent conversation. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

B. We listened to her Spice Girls cd. You totally win that battle.

C. I concur on the Pokemon Yellow, and don't feel too proud of yourself, I've been many a Jouster's bitch.

D. I am not merely envious, but fuckingenvious.

E. Errm.. nay?

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home