Thursday, October 19, 2006

Randomly Overheard Conversations

God, I love college sometimes.

"Did you fart?"
"No."
"God, my breath stinks."

"I know you can get ticketed for running a red light, but is running a stop sign illegal?"

"Do you have Morgan for biology?"
"No. West."
"Oh. That's probably good. That guy was weird. One time he was talking about whale masturbation in the middle of lecture."
(the other guy didn't respond, but the look on his face was priceless)

"Didn't Poe write comedy, too?"
"Uh...not that I know of."
"I'm almost sure he did. Something about a jumping frog."
"The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Caleveras County?"
"Yeah, that's it."
"Dude, that's Mark Twain."
"No way."
"I read the book in high school, plus I've taken two semesters of American Lit. It's Twain."
"I'm almost sure it's Poe."
"I'm almost sure you're crazy. You call yourself an English major? Jumping Frog could not be any less Poe if it tried."
"It's Twain, then?"
"Very Twain."
"You're sure?"
"I can't believe you think this is a valid disagreement."
"Hm. I thought it was Poe."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home