Thursday, January 29, 2004

While cleaning out my physics book today, I made a small discovery. Namely, your inattentive physics teacher may accept the following answers on assignments:

1) Tell me something you know about the moon.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not made of cheese.

2) Name one force.
Jedi

3) What approach should be taken when dealing with projectile equations?
When all else fails, blame gravity.

4) Tell me something you have observed about gravity in daily life.
It pulls harder on your feet. This explains one's instinctive action of putting one's feet on the ground first when one gets up in the morning. It also explains why I can't stand on my head for long periods of time.

5) If a man holds a bowling ball in his left hand, on which part of his body does the earth's gravity act?
You want me to say "his feet," but since it is never made clear whether the man is standing on said feet, the answer to this question cannot be determined, and thirty seconds of my life have been utterly wasted in an attempt to make it at least look like I did this question.

6) You accidentally throw your car keys off a 64-meter cliff at an initial velocity of 8.0 meters per second (in a direction perpendicular to the cliff's face). At what distance from the base of the cliff should you look for your keys?
Let me draw attention to the beginning of this question: "You accidentally throw your car keys off a 64-meter cliff..." I refuse to answer this question on basis of situational inanity.

7) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Yeah, yeah, I'm lying; this wasn't on any of my assignments. I'm just checking to see that you're still paying attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home