Thursday, January 29, 2004

Due to the fact that I have been posting a lot of pithy "I am a teenage girl and I feel sorry for myself" entries lately, I have decided to write something out of that vein. Today I shall instead post something I learned today as I was cleaning out my physics book. Namely, the fact that your inattentive physics teacher may accept the following as answers on assignments:

1) Tell me something you know about the moon.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not made of cheese.

2) Name at least one force.
Jedi

3) What approach can you take when solving projectile equations?
When all else fails, blame gravity.

4) Name something that you have observed about gravity in daily life.
It pulls harder on your feet. This explains why when one gets out of bed in the morning, one instinctively puts one's feet on the ground first. It can also be blamed for making it so hard to stand on one's head/hands.

5) If a man holds a bowling ball in his left hand, on which part of his body does the earth's gravity act?
The answer in the back of the book says "his feet." However, nowhere in this problem is it made clear that the man is standing on said feet. Therefore, this question is unanswerable and roughly thirty seconds of my life has just been wasted.

6) You accidentally throw your car keys off a 64-meter cliff with an initial velocity of 8 meters per second (in a direction perpendicular to the cliff's face). Ignoring air resistance, determine how far from the cliff's base you should look for your keys.
I would like to draw attention to the beginning of this question: "You accidentally throw your car keys off a 64-meter cliff..." I refuse to answer this question on basis of inanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home