Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I just thought you'd all like to know that, as of this moment, I have not seen my mother in 72 hours. She's not on a business trip or anything. She goes to work before I get up, and she comes home around 8:00 and goes straight to bed, often before I come downstairs to say hi. This isn't an unusual development; in fact, lately the whole 72+ hours of no contact has been pretty much par for the course.

Also, Daddy Dearest is being a jerk (surprise, surprise). I have a school-sponsored event that's going to keep me in Madison for 12 hours tomorrow. Keep in mind that it's an event that he's making me attend. I asked for money for the three fast-food meals I'll have to get, and he offered me $6. "$2 a meal, Dad?" I asked. "Jeez, I'm not in college yet." He immediately withdrew the offer altogether and told me I could pay for them myself. Nope, he's not kidding. I'd ask Mom, but she's not going to be home tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home