Thursday, January 22, 2004

Some days are just days, and then some days are events. Thus far, today is most definitely an event, and something approaching the triathlon to boot. Asterisks shall ensue.

I have to go play pep band in half an hour for the second round of the conference tournament. The first game is the losers' game and doesn't include us, so I'll most likely be getting a lot of knitting done. The second game is Us Versus Our Biggest Basketball Rivals. They beat us a couple of weeks ago in a most embarrassing game. Our team played magnificently badly, enough so that all the team members wore black ensembles the next day. The boys were quite ashamed of themselves. Now, we have a rematch. The boys are out for blood.
***
In other basketball-related events, Number Four accosted me during chorus again. "The roof of my mouth hurts," he announced. I didn't think he was talking to me, but he kept on, "Allison, I'm telling you, the roof of my mouth hurts. I woke up this morning, and it hurt. What do you think I did?"

I shrugged and offered, "It's probably cancer. Leprosy, maybe."

He frowned. "Cancer, huh? So what do I do? Cut it out?"

I nodded. "Yeah, a hacksaw to the upper jaw ought to do it."

He grinned and heh-heh-heh'ed. "Shoot, and I have a game tonight, too. Now I gotta go find me a saw."
***
Chantel wants me to sing a duet with her (in Latin, no less) for the spring concert. No comment from the Allison contingent.
***
God hates physics.
***
I hear that the ASVAB results are in, and I hear that I somehow did surprisingly well on the mechanics portion. I have no idea how that happened. The only question I remember doing is "What does a torque converter do?" I was irritated when I realized that "Converts torque" wasn't one of the choices.
***
I'm on a Gilbert and George kick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home