Friday, March 28, 2008

The Problem with Noel Gallagher

I once read somewhere that Oasis always uses "moon/June/spoon" rhymes. I heard "Don't Look Back in Anger" today, which is such a beautiful song, but that niggling thought has ruined their entire catalog for me.

...

Somebody called me looking for Roy, and I said I didn't know anyone by that name. The person responded angrily with "Who is this?" I wanted to say, "This is a girl who likes her living room curtains, dislikes chunky wooden bangle bracelets, and does not date Republicans." Instead, I just told him he had the wrong number, and he hung up without apologizing.

...

On March 26, I walked outside and was greeted with the entirely unwelcome sight of that beautiful snow that falls fast and hard like rain. It's almost April and there are these big fat fucking flakes everywhere, and there's a sour-looking girl in a denim miniskirt and pink plastic flip-flops glaring at me. I turned the other way, tilted my head to the sky, and stuck out my tongue to catch snowflakes as I walked through the parking lot.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home