Thursday, July 07, 2005

On the Fence

Okay, maybe I'm not quitting. I don't know.

Maybe I am quitting. I don't know.

The problem is this: my coworkers suck, but my job's not that bad.

My bosses have successfully screwed over all their good employees except me, and, as the lone holdout, I'm being treated like a princess. I'm the only one of a group of six or seven prominent, talented, long-serving employees who were involved in all the shit that went down who hasn't quit. I flat-out refused to close the other night when an assistant manager practically begged me to, and that was that--no harassment, no threats, no "you'd-better-do-this." Stuff like that keeps happening; they let me make my rules. I get what I want. The dynamic has turned on its head, and the higher-ups walk on glass around me for fear that I'll quit, too.

(That paragraph is nearly indecipherable, I know.)

I want to quit out of principle, to say, "Fuck you, you can't treat human beings like that, you pompous bitches."

But at the end of the day...it's CRAZY money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home