Monday, September 13, 2004

Every year for homecoming week, my school has different dress-up days. The staple is Pajama Day on Monday. Last year, I found an awesome pair of zip-up rocket ship pajamas on clearance at Target, and they fit my 5'7" frame.

And they have feet.

This, of course, prompts all kinds of comments at school. Most are along the lines of, "Where did you get footie pajamas that big?" Every guy friend I have was unable to control the urge to tell me that I "look hot in footie pajamas" and then guffaw.

A friend told me, "...I can't even look at you." I queried, and she responded, "I mean...well, they're loose, but you can still see curves. There's just something about footie pajamas and boobs that is deeply disturbing."

An Unrelated Conversation
Her: Who sings that song...what's it called? It goes, "I love you, baby, and if it's quite all right..."?
Me: Frankie Valli, "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You."
Him: (jumping into the conversation) What? You can't take your eyes off of me?
Me: Well, of course not. Look at you, you luscious hunk of man.
A beat.
Him: I get that a lot, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home