Monday, August 30, 2004

Breakup.

Mutual feeling. One-sided reeling.

Relief. Hurts like hell. Happy. Crying. Laughter. Sobs.

Need. Don't want. Want? Don't need? Does it matter?

I care, I adore, I could never love. He cared, he adored, he could never love. Unfair to us, unfair to each other.

"Promise me that we can still be friends; promise that there will be no awkwardness."

Friends, yes. Awkward? Always.

I sat there and I realized that I wanted to be his girl friend, not his girlfriend. I wanted to end it, I wanted things to be simple, I wanted to be friends. So why does it hurt if I wanted it? Why does it hurt if I was the one who finally got the courage to say, "It's not working out, is it?"

Answer: Breaking up is hard to do. Stay around, wait for it to get better? End it now just in case it doesn't? Lose-lose? Friends. I don't know how to be his friend. I only know how to be his girlfriend.

Does he hurt like I do? He doesn't seem like it. Does he hurt like I do? Does he hurt at all?

Mutual feeling, one-sided reeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home