Monday, September 06, 2004

Long, long ago, I posted an entry about a Corporate Pizza Joint waiter who bore a vague resemblance to Vincent Kartheiser. (Yes, I could direct-link to the post itself, but that would require slightly more work on my part. It's May 22nd, about the third entry down. Scroll, you lazy pukes.)

Well, development: said Corporate Pizza Joint waiter is now a friendly acquaintance of mine. I went to a concert with the Ex (back before he was the Ex), and the Ex "introduced" me to Corporate Pizza Joint Waiter. CPJW and I had built up a casual acquaintance via the restaurant by now, and we chatted for a good half-hour.

So, here's my news: remember the insurance job I got at the optician's awhile back? That job kind of fell through at the end of the summer, as I got them all caught up on their insurance, and they had nothing for me to do except tape file folders. It sucked, and it just kind of petered out. I found myself with no job and no money.

During the conversation at the concert with CPJW, I jokingly mentioned that I was broke and jobless, and he jokingly suggested I apply at Corporate Pizza Joint. Four days later, Dad and I stopped in for the (limited-time only!) special pizza, and CPJW handed me an application. His manager got all enthusiastic and made sure that I filled it out and returned it to the counter.

Corporate Pizza Joint called today, and I have to fill out a survey before they call me in for an interview. (CPJW warned me about this--he says it's an ethics survey, and the main thing to remember is "don't steal from your employer.")

Yay for jobs, as I may soon have one. Cross your fingers and send me some good karma.

(Actually, there's also other news about CPJW, but I won't go into too much detail. Suffice it to say that it involves the Ex, a breakup, CPJW asking the Ex's friend about me post-breakup, the Ex reading my freaking journal post-breakup and bitching me out about it, a big ol' fight with lots of hurt feelings, and a generally shitty week. Things are kind of complicated right now.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home