Saturday, June 19, 2004

Various thoughts and worries (most stereotypically 16ish):

- Is a 1460 good? I thought it was pretty decent, but mi padre seems less than impressed.

- I get a little twinge of sadness every time I see a relatively new minivan in the strip club parking lot. Yeah, married guys should have fun, too, but couldn't he spend the time with his kids?

- I babysat for a friend of mine the other day. Her 14-month-old daughter is an absolute doll. The friend bears an odd resemblance to Twiggy (if Twiggy had a larger nose and slightly crooked teeth). She's crazy-skinny and crazy-long, and she had the exact same eyes and facial structure as Twiggy.

- A girl I hadn't gotten the best impression of originally may end up being a pretty close friend of mine. Having someone pour her soul out to you after just-barely-knowing her for two days is...strange. It's odd, but it makes you feel nice to realize that you are the kind of person everyone can tell their troubles to (it happens a lot). Maybe I should be a shrink.

- It just occurred to me that I hang out with a pregnant girl, a sex offender, and several high school dropouts. I hang out with normal people, too, don't I? . . . Yep, two cheerleaders (one of whom is a guy), two soldiers who served in Iraq and a couple who are about to, several minorities (which, in South Dakota, is a pretty mean feat), a couple of jocks, a homeschooler, three members of the National Honor Society, one gay guy, several artists, and one Smartest Person I've Ever Met. Oddly, the SMIEP is also one of the high-school dropouts. Go figure.

- I got a Foxy New Haircut. I had originally dubbed it Decidedly Unfoxy, but it's growing on me. Oh, Jesus--horrible pun totally not intended. My hair keeps getting shorter. If I listen to my primal urges any longer, I'll be bald.

- I always think it's weird how Sinead O'Connor's first name is two letters away from Skinhead. She probably realized that. I'm glad I'm not bald.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home