Monday, May 03, 2004

Play-by-play and pleasantries:

- Band Dude is psychotic. We don't need to start marching band the last week of school. That's what study halls are for.
- I take an independent study class in which I get earn credits for falling asleep. Every once in awhile, I take a book down to the kindergarten and read to a bunch of ridiculously overenthusiastic children. Then I go back to the library and sleep some more.
- We're making crossword puzzles for American history. Everybody is assigned one decade of the 20th century, and we have to make up 20 clues. My history teacher and I argued, but I'm still not convinced that 20 things of note happend during the 1990's. I mean, I was alive then, and I sure never did anything. That might have something to do with the fact that I was anywhere from two to twelve during said decade. Also, I'm a loser. Nothing happened. Nothing at all. Trust me.
- Vote Bob for vice-president. He's a junior next year, so he's running for student body VP. Somehow, he appointed me as his campaign manager. He didn't know how to win it, and competition is pretty fierce, so he asked me to come up with a plan of action. I'm currently doing my best to split the votes between the front-runner (a Popular Girl) and another of the weird kids (who doesn't stand a chance). So far, it's working. Our official platform is "Vote Bob or Allison Will Blow Up the School."
- My Spanish teacher has rage issues.
- Electricity makes physics interesting. Let's electrocute stuff. And then we'll blow it up. Something to do, something to do.
- My English teacher is back from her matenity leave, so now we don't do anything in English. We watch the Gary Sinise version of Of Mice and Men for awhile, and then she tells stories involving baby feces.
- My math teacher says you can't use graphing calculators on the ACT this year. If that's true, I'm fucked. I don't really believe him; I took the SAT on Saturday, and they didn't care what kind of calc you used. Plus, there was hardly any advanced algebra on the thing. Half the math stuff was probability. I hope the ACT isn't psychotic with ellipses and such.
- Rachel and I are going to go to the Brookings and jobhunt. I will hopefully come home with a stack of applications. Either that, or we'll go to Pizza Ranch, stuff ourselves silly, and screw around in the mall all evening. Whichever works.
- I like sentence fragments today.

Finally, how are you? No, I really do mean that. 'Cos I'm okay. Are you okay? How are you really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home