Sunday, April 25, 2004

Good news: I found my camera cord. My lazy self downloaded Mozilla (sweet relief). My dog went to the groomer's yesterday for his summer shearing and came back with bows on his ears. I heart my new shoes--did I mention those? They're dead sexy. I got my hands on Modest Mouse's new album, Good News For People Who Love Bad News. All in all, I feel...cheery. Cheery scares me; it needs to stop.

Anyway, pictures. And my pictures this time. I took 78, and nine made the final cut, so I may add more of the non-specific time/date ones in the future.


My friend Amber gives the obvious response when Someone tries to take a candid shot of her on the bus. I gotta hand it to her--she's a quick one.


I have a terrible habit of Taking Pictures of People I Don't Know. I just think they're interesting.


I also have a habit of looking for the dreaded "elements of art" in things. I've had some overzealous art teachers in my time. I took this one because of the lines the smokestack and the contrail made.


Action shot! I'd like to quote our fourth chair trumpet here, who saw this and exclaimed, "I didn't know people still actually rode on trains!" Is it any wonder she's a cheerleader?


Oy. Mecca. Of course, we couldn't actually go there; no, that would have been far too much excitement for my delicate little head.


This was just a snapshot on the shore of the Chicago River, but it ended up being kind of pretty. I don't know--I like it.


A rather unflattering shot of my friend Sarah on the ferry. And I quote: "I'm with the band!" God, we're such losers.


An experiment in the time delay feature on my camera. I still don't know how I did this, but I'm going to print it, pass it off as modern art, and make a million dollars.


This one's my favorite. It was intended to just be a photo of random people walking down the street, but I fell in love with the billboard and had to get a shot of it. I like how the little woman walking across the bottom looks like she's leaning against the string of jewels. This one came out cooler than I'd anticipated; I like color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home