Thursday, March 04, 2004

To break from the theme of today's posts, I'm going to engage in a little weblog/journal conformity. Everyone else is doing it, so I should, too.

You probably know the drill--open up iTunes, set it to shuffle, and write down the names of the first ten songs it plays, no matter how embarrassing. My results are pretty boring, but hey.

Ten Songs
1. “You Will” --Bright Eyes
2. “The Movement of a Hand” --Bright Eyes
3. “Something” --The Beatles
4. “I Feel Fine” --The Beatles
5. “Method Acting” --Bright Eyes
6. “Greater Omaha” --Desaparecidos
7. “Empty Canyon, Empty Canteen” --Bright Eyes
8. “Come Together” --The Beatles
9. “Ze Newie” --The Strokes
10. “Let’s Not Shit Ourselves” --Bright Eyes

It looks like I have practically nothing but the catalog of Conor Oberst on my iMac, which is actually pretty true. How Midwestern teenager-y of me. It's just that I never get around to uploading my CDs.

Consequently, the only songs I even have on iTunes are as follows:
-anything off The Beatles' 1
-Bright Eyes' LIFTED, or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
-Bright Eyes' Fevers and Mirrors
-a bunch of Bright Eyes and Desa songs I stole off some website
-John Lennon's half of Double Fantasy
-"Creep" by Radiohead
-"Light and Day (Orchestral Version)" by the Polyphonic Spree
-"Mad World" by Gary Jules (this was the first mp3 I put on this computer)
-"Should I Stay or Should I Go?," "Know Your Rights," and "Rock the Casbah" by the Clash
-"12:51" and "Ze Newie" by the Strokes

That's it. Seventy-four songs. This coming from a kid with ninety CDs and fifty LPs. My computer represents a very tiny portion of my musical tastes.

I keep forgetting to add stuff. Someday, when I'm feeling more ambitious, I'll get a little Bowie on there. I'll upload London Calling, Give 'Em Enough Rope, and Sandinista! (I've got all I need of Combat Rock). I'll get Is This It and Room on Fire uploaded fully. I'll find my old burned CDs with all my Napster conquests, and they can live on my hard drive, too.

This is the part where I lose interest and trail off. I could go on and on, but I'd hate to (shock!) bore you or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home