Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Some girl told me I was "totally random" today.

I don't know where she got that.

Maybe it was because of my demonstration to the class entitled "The Art of Tying Your Shoes Without Using Your Thumbs."

Maybe it was after I had declared myself President of my own leper colony. That was about five minutes after I had claimed that I had leprosy, and about thirty seconds after I started poking people and telling them that they were "my esteemed constituency."

I have a feeling it may have been a result of my short musical number. I performed my campaign song, namely, the old Dr Pepper commercial jingle, except I changed all the "Pepper"'s to "leper." Wouldn't you like to be a leper, too?

Perhaps it was caused by my long tangent on armadillo quadruplets.

They really shouldn't give caffeinated schoolchildren a study hall during the last period before spring break.

(And, no, I'm not "completely random." Here's a transcript of my train of thought: The girl in question had just shut the door with her elbow, prompting a discussion of weird things you can do with various body parts. I listened to most of the conversation before commenting that I could tie my shoes without using my thumbs. They didn't believe me, so I had to give a performance. Then, that whole body part discussion got me thinking about leprosy (because it's hell on your various limbs). I decided that I had leprosy, but I didn't want to be a lone leper, so I was recruiting for my colony. I decided to be President of my leper colony because...ok, so that part was random. The campaign song was just something stupid off the top of my head. Then, I got to armadillos because armadillos are famous for being able to get leprosy. Armadillos always have quadruplets, so that's how that got there.)

See? It all makes perfect sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home