Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Heh...I just realized that "Sierra Mist" is a play on "Mountain Dew."

I kinda feel like shit tonight. But that's okay. Subpar is the new par.

Another thing I just realized: why do we say that someone's performance is subpar if it's worse than expected? If subpar is below par, isn't that a good thing? Low scores are good in golf. So why is subpar a bad thing in casual usage?

It's probably just me. I've probably been going around telling people that things are subpar for the last six years, and they've probably been thinking, "Well, actually, that thing sucked, and 'subpar' indicates a good performance. You're an imbecile." I've been making a fool of myself, haven't I? Why doesn't somebody tell me these things?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means..." Anyone who can name that movie wins a million rainbow-colored stickers with unicorns on them. (Maybe even scratch-and-sniff. No, I don't know how that would work with a unicorn.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home