Saturday, March 06, 2004

Something I have just learned: this site looks much better on Netscape than it does on Internet Explorer, and I don't know why. Fortunately, since I don't use IE, I'm in luck. As for the rest of you? Heartfelt apologies and whatnot.

One of the odd side effects of keeping an online journal is that I find myself much more careful with what I say in day-to-day life. I've always been pretty terse (at least when I'm not being random), but now I border on laconic. I can't help but edit everything in my head. I used to think, "Well, what do I feel like saying right now?" and then just spit it out. Now, I think, "Who am I going to offend? When's the last time I complained about that? How often have I used that word lately? Has anyone else mentioned this recently? Is anyone going to care besides me?" As a result, by the time an idea has made it past the hurdles, we're usually on a totally different topic.

It's really pretty out tonight. The dregs of snow dot the ground and wispy clouds are flashing across the moon. It must be really windy because the clouds are moving very quickly. Even my neighbors' pigsty of a house looks less-than-awful in the intermittent moonlight. I wish I had a nicer view from my window.

I'm going crazy with the non sequiturs lately. No wonder people think I'm random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home