Friday, February 20, 2004

I'm still feeling kind of low. Today was a lot better than yesterday, but I'm feeling really apathetic. Good things happened; it's hard to care. Bad things happened; it's hard to care.

I got my physics test back, and, as usual, I did a lot better than I thought and somehow got a 95%. I should stop worrying so much. My physics teacher also called me up to ask me about that zero she gave me; I was able to produce the finished paper, and she gave me 100%. Apparently the same thing happened to another girl in my class, and my physics teacher hadn't realized that we were absent. All in all, the physics front is looking pretty good compared to what it has been.

I know for a fact that I did really well on the algebra test I took. I studied for it last night and did a bunch of practice worksheets, and as I got in today, I realized that all the questions had been taken off said worksheets. Needless to say, I was quite pleased.

Parent-teacher conferences were held again last night, and according to my teachers, I got rave reviews. My history teacher said that she felt bad when we watched the movie. She said that she told my dad how guilty she felt because "you sit up in the front row covering your eyes through all the battles." (It's true; I kept having to ask the people around me who had just died because it freaks me out to actually watch realistic death scenes.) She and I then discussed a History Channel documentary on the Bataan Death March that we had both seen, and she promised me that there would be no more "dying movies." That kind of thing just really, really bothers me.

My Spanish teacher was really nice to me today, too. She kept telling me all the nice things she had told my father at the conferences; unfortunately, she still thinks I'm a lot smarter than I actually am. She kept me after class to discuss college plans and put in a good word for the University of Minnesota at Morris, which is one of the schools from which I receive a lot of mail. I think she worries about me. I don't really know why.

After school, I came home and slept for four hours. I just got back from the basketball game; AHS was trouncing its opponent. I left at halftime. I don't like going to games. It makes me feel really...lonely? Yeah, lonely, I guess. I just feel really separate from the rest of the student body at those things. I actually sat with a couple of friends tonight, but I still felt hollow. I can't really explain it.

I use the words 'really' and 'just' too much.

The younger referee at the game had a big scar on the back of his neck. It was about three inches long, half an inch wide, and it ran straight down his spine. I wonder what it's a relic of; whatever happened must have been pretty bad.

I'm quite out of it tonight. I don't think I could explain if I tried. I just don't feel right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home