Monday, February 16, 2004

President's Day is wonderful. Nothing like getting school off because some dead guys...um, existed, I guess.

For anyone who's wondering, yesterday I ended up doing exactly what I feared I'd do: nothing. I made cookies. I watched Disney movies. I saw a great episode of Oliver Beene, a decent episode of Malcolm in the Middle, and a terrible episode of The Simpsons. I never watch TV, so that's an absolute binge for me.

Today I went shopping. I bought two CD towers on clearance at Target; those plus my old one mean that I can have up to 105 CDs. I've got about 90, so we'll see how long it takes. I bought three new CDs as well: The Beginning Stages of... by the Polyphonic Spree (it was cheap, so it doesn't have to be good), Living in America by the Sounds (I've been looking for this forever, and it has lots of Mac goodies on the enhanced portion), and Fevers and Mirrors by Bright Eyes (genius? pretentious? I guess we'll see). I'm really excited about having the Sounds' album; it's summer music.

I also bought Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower for cheap. I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Supernouveau's first-ever search engine hits came today. The first was "John Edwards on Leno," and I'm sure I disappointed. The second, however, was "Carol didn't wear her safety goggles. Now she doesn't need them." I'm sure I disappointed that guy, too, but now I have a reason to explain my description.

It's ripped off from a poster on my ceiling. The poster is black and white, has that message on it, and bears a picture of a blind girl. Morbid much? At the bottom, it reads: FLINN SCIENTIFIC INC., "Your Safer Source for School Supplies." My physics teacher got the poster for free when she bought something from a Flinn's catalog, and she had it hanging on her wall all last year. I coveted the poster, and I somehow became its caretaker. When someone tore Carol down, I put her back on the wall. When she needed new tape, I pulled out the dispenser. As a reward, my teacher gave me the poster at the end of the year. Fuck yeah.


Did you really think I wouldn't post a picture?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home