Friday, January 09, 2004

I'm going to do a quick music-related post because, hey, I feel like it.

Item 1: Why does Jack White insist on pronouncing 'hardest' like 'hottest' (or at least 'hoddest')? Dude, you're from Detroit. I know what a Detroit accent (if you could call it that) sounds like, and that ain't it.

Item 2: "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" is the greatest song of ever. At least, I'll think that for the next forty minutes or so. I go on Darkness kicks, and tonight's definitely one of them. Permission to Land is just such a fun album, and I think you gotta love a British guy who isn't afraid to wear lavender jumpsuits. Polarizing, my foot.

Item 3: B-A-S-S bass. Yes. Cheerleader chants as interpreted by Outkast. Oh, yes.

Item 4: I need to listen to "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" again. That song just rocks.

Item 5: I really like the White Stripes, a.k.a. Jack White, but "Hardest Button to Button" just irritates me. There's that whole 'hoddest' thing, and it's just such a bitter-sounding song. What's Jack White got to be bitter about? He's rich, adored, and he's dating a movie star. Ok, I'll let him be bitter now about the whole wrecking-his-Porsche thing and the whole let's-assault-a-Von-Bondie ordeal, but still. Don't be bitter, man. Bitter leads to whiny, and whiny leads to idiotic.

Item 6: Forget this. I'm gonna go listen to "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" for the twenty-seventh time in the last two hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home