Sunday, December 07, 2003

Today I went to Foot Locker in an attempt to buy a pair of red Converse Chuck Taylor Hi-Tops. (Angels want to wear my red shoes.) Much to my chagrin, a pair of red CCTHTs -- catchy acronym, by the way -- was not to be found in any size under a men's nine. Since they run big anyway, and I am a size 6.5-7 in women's, I was out of luck.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that shoe stores might want to actually carry different sizes of the shoes they stock.

I instead bought myself a pity present at the Ko of Shop. A pair of men's size 4 (women's 6) black Chuck Taylor Oxfords now live on my feet. Much happiness ensues.

By the way, you can be sure that the apocalypse is upon us when Chuck Taylors are on clearance at ShopKo. Maybe they're finally going out of style; thank God for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home