Wednesday, December 24, 2003

I'll be out of town for the next couple of days (assuming the flu situation is under control), so I'm presenting you with a nice big essay to keep you busy.

Fifty Things You May or May Not Know About Me

1. As of Christmas Day I will be 16.4167 years old.
2. The fingers on my left hand are very slightly longer than those on my right.
3. I almost never bother to wear matching socks.
4. I have a crescent-shaped scar on my upper lip.
5. My eyes are "the color of lichen" (not the way I would have put it, but hey).
6. I keep my fingernails short, but I have to trim them all the time. They grow freakishly fast.
7. Sentences that end with prepositions cause me to fly into an embarrassingly horrific rage.
8. I have a thing for comic-book superheroes, especially the Incredible Hulk.
9. The first ‘favorite song’ I ever had was the theme to The Untouchables. I was 18 months old, and much dancing ensued (at least according to my parents).
10. I know all the words to commercial jingles for Oscar Mayer, Hy-Vee, and Fig Newtons.
11. I’m addicted to Diet Dr Pepper.
12. I have a very difficult time getting to sleep, but once I do, I’m out.
13. The last color I painted my toenails was black. I don’t paint my fingernails.
14. I had my Ghost World-type abandonment experience the summer I turned fourteen. The friend was a 13-year-old pageant queen named Jackie (Jessie’s sister, not coincidentally), and I still can’t look the girl in the eye.
15. The first concert I ever saw was Clay Walker at the State Fair (Jackie dragged me there).
16. The last concert I went to was some crappy Christian rock band at a scarily straight-edge club called the U-Turn in Watertown (my friend Katie dragged me there).
17. I adore Swedish Fish.
18. I have four pairs of Levi’s 518s that I keep in constant rotation.
19. The best birthday present I got on my 16th birthday was my pair of checkerboard Vans (thanks, Jessie).
20. Daisies and hibisci are my favorite flowers.
21. I don’t understand the concept of downs in football.
22. I painted a reproduction of Kandinsky’s Winter Landscape for my art project last year.
23. School is easy for me.
24. I have a collection of "disabled elephant" knick-knacks. It's complicated.
25. I keep a list of words my various English teachers have mispronounced.
26. I’ve been told that I do a mean karaoke of “Mickey.”
27. I have smaller-than-average hands.
28. The movie Robocop has scarred me forever. I saw it when I was five years old. That was the same year that my dad made me watch an animated version of Animal Farm and told me it was "like a Disney movie." And that, my friends, is why I'm so screwed up.
29. I rabidly hate clichés, but I use them all the time.
30. I am deathly, deathly shy around people I don’t know. We’re talking Boo Radley levels.
31. For me, dancing is taboo, even though I’ve been told I do it well.
32. I only get one haircut a year.
33. I’ve never met a real celebrity (not counting politicians).
34. When I was four, my parents took me to a political rally to see then-presidential candidate Bill Clinton. I couldn’t see, so my dad lifted me up to sit on his shoulders. I was quoted in the paper as shouting, “Now I can see everything!” Nothing like political opportunism.
35. I hate all the Care Bears with a flaming passion, with the notable exception of Grumpy Bear.
36. At the blood drive on December 19, I paid my friend Clint a penny to eat a spoonful of coffee grounds. It was gross and cool at the same time. He’s kind of an idiot.
37. I have no tattoos or piercings, as I am quite afraid of needles. I also don’t understand the appeal of punching holes in one’s head.
38. I have naturally straight teeth.
39. I adore the smell of Play-Doh.
40. Music and art are hard for me, but I love them.
41. I hate memorization in school. I like logic and thinking problems.
42. My favorite numbers are 11, 13, and 19.
43. I’m very good with houseplants.
44. I have no patience for hip-hop, with the notable exception of Outkast.
45. I’ve perfected the art of tying my shoes without using my thumbs.
46. I cannot sculpt. I was the bane of the art class during our unit on clay. My art teacher had a tough time pretending that my clay gargoyle was anything short of abominable.
47. I can coin-walk.
48. I have an inability to tell left from right and have terrible depth perception. I cannot estimate distances, numbers, or amounts at all.
49. I do, however, have an uncanny sense of direction.
50. My toothbrush is magenta with green and white bristles.

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, uggs, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, ugg boots clearance, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp handbags, air max, michael kors outlet, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren, gucci outlet, christian louboutin, replica watches, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, burberry outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, air max, uggs outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton handbags, ugg outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, prada outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, longchamp outlet

9:17 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg, sac louis vuitton, moncler, pandora charms, pandora charms, montre homme, moncler, ugg boots, barbour, moncler, ugg, moncler, supra shoes, louis vuitton uk, barbour, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs, abercrombie, converse, air max, canada goose, moncler, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, hollister, juicy couture, rolex watches, sac louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, canada goose, canada goose, moncler outlet, coach outlet store online, toms shoes, gucci, ugg pas cher, moncler, vans, links of london, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, ugg, ray ban, canada goose jackets, converse shoes, louis vuitton, karen millen, pandora jewelry, sac lancel, louis vuitton

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home