Thursday, November 20, 2003

I had a lovely evening. I am now officially the Vice President of the National Honor Society, which was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting to even be nominated, let alone to win. Thus, I'm in a pleasant mood.

Cal's mad at me, and I'm not sure why. Ah, well. It'll blow over by morning, and we'll go back to being Mary Lou and Bucky (I'm M.L.; she's Bucky). I'm a big fan of nicknames. In the past two weeks, I've dubbed Cal Bucky, Sarah is now Tiger, and Bob has been renamed Robbo (Cal helped with the last one). For some reason, I am Mary Lou. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I'm hopelessly addicted to peppermint Altoids. Curiouser and curiouser.

As I know that the depressing emptiness (or Internet) out there is in antici..................................pation, I will include the final version of my NHS poem in the next entry.

The set-up:
1) Allison is supposed to write a lovely and flattering poem about senior NHS member and NHS secretary Diane.
2) Allison doesn't know anything about Diane other than her age.
3) Allison crafts the ode that will follow this post.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I've got to go watch Dead Poets' Society.