Sunday, November 16, 2003

Had a good day. Went to Brookings, bought myself a copy of Rolling Stone even as my intestines lurched out my throat in horror. Bought a new notebook to accomodate my incessant doodling. Listened to Room on Fire twice. Got funny looks for singing along to "Losing My Religion" at the Dollar Discount. Spoke and wrote only in sentence fragments. Avoided subject nouns like the plague. Used cliches.

The Evil Bitchmonster from Hell (a.k.a my mother, and yes, I'm kidding) made roast beef, mashed potatoes, and corn for supper. This was very odd, considering I'd had a dream last night about this very meal and woke up with a mad craving for it this morning. I didn't mention it to anyone, and I know she hadn't mentioned it beforehand because she just bought the ingredients today. I guess I'm prophetic or something. I'll prophesy about your dinner tomorrow if you give me 20 bucks.

Being the crazy pseudo-vegetarian that I am, I skipped the beef and had potatoes and corn only. I really am not a fan of cow flesh.

If I ever start a band, I'm going to call it the Nouns. Come to think of it; someone's probably already done that. Fine, then, the Suicidal Hobbits it is. Don't like that one? How about the Zipper Monopoly? The Verbs? The Fedoras? The Obituaries? The Negatives? The Pogos? The Murderous Snowflakes? I'll stop now.

I just realized that if you hold Option and hit Delete, it deletes the last word you typed. Dear little iMac, you teach me something new every da-- er, few months or so.

My Bill and Ted poster fell off my ceiling today and the cats keep stepping on it. My Incredible Hulk "Happy Birthday!" cartera (look at me practicing Spanish) is lonely now.

Since I'm terribly fond of Things of the Day (as you've probably noticed), tonight I'm going to include a Thing-in-my-room of the Day. Today's item is...well, actually, I'm going to kill six birds with one stone and name the bands that have representation on my walls: the Strokes, the Hives, Interpol, the Clash, Bright Eyes, and the White Stripes. The White Stripes are the only ones that actually get a poster (free in an issue of SPIN); the rest are all pages ripped from various magazines. That's not quite true; the Clash images are actually a pair of photos my uncle took at one of their concerts circa 1981. Unfortunately, the Stripes poster has a creepy-ass monkey on it. I hate monkeys.

I'm rambling now, so I'll bid you adieu.