Monday, December 08, 2008

Why Bother?

I am one week from finishing the semester from hell, and I still have 30+ pages to write.

I am six months from graduating with a totally useless degree. I was in the middle of applying for grad school, but one of my letters-of-recommendation professors has decided not to write it. She doesn't think I'm ready to keep going.

Her exact words were "bright but unfocused."

Her advice? "Take a year off, wait some tables, do a little traveling." I already wait tables; thanks for paying attention to that essay I wrote on it for you. I'm having a hard time seeing how "wait some tables" and "do a little traveling" go together. Do people really think that girls who make eight grand a year have the money to live it up in Europe? I suppose that if I bump it up to full time I'll be making sixteen...caviar and a hotel on the Riviera, here I come.

Well, now what.

(I'd use a question mark, but I'm feeling too dejected for the hope it would imply.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home