Friday, January 13, 2006

Let's Try This Again (An Apology)

Life updates:

1) Joe and I are still dating. We just celebrated a year.

2) Joseph recently moved out of his parents' house (due to their ridiculously dramatic personal problems...maybe he'll let me tell you someday) and into a trailer. He's got the Roommate from Hell, the kind of kid who refuses to ever wash a dish or pick up the shit he leaves in the living room, who eats the food Joe buys but then writes "CODY'S" all over the milk his mom buys for him, and who comes home stumbling drunk at least once a week. As in "I lost my keys, so trying to break down the front door with my shoulder until I fall over and pass out on the deck" drunk. Needless to say, I hate Cody.

3) I quit Corporate Pizza Joint. It was awesome. I got pissed off one day, figured, "screw this," and put in my resignation. I was offered a promotion to management, a raise, everything, but I still quit. My ex-boss is so desperate to get me back that she put me on leave instead of terminating my employment. Just the other day, she offered me Kids' Night (I used to be the coordinator, and it was the only thing keeping me there by the end), no strings attached. I think I'll take her up on it.

4) I started at Perkins, which, for my coastal friends, is a Midwestern "Family Restaurant and Bakery." Essentially an overpriced "homestyle cooking" joint. I make crazy money.

5) Semester 1 down, all A's. Semester 2 looks kind of hellish, so we soon shall see.

6) Part of the reason I haven't been posting is because of so-called "personal issues." Basically, I got stressed and lost my sense of humor. I'm a worrier, and I take things too seriously, and all that kind of thing. I think I feel better now. I'm trying to regain the sheer joy of life that I remember when I read my archives here.

In other news, I may start a new blog (one that's specifically about waiting tables). We'll see, and I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home