Monday, October 25, 2004

Holy Jesus on a pogo stick, I work a lot. On the bright side, I don't work again until Thursday. On the dark side, I have play practice and all-state chorus practice Monday, chorus practice on Tuesday, and CCD and play practice Wednesday. Thursday night I close, and I have to get up at 5 on Friday morning so we can leave for all-state chorus.

Have I mentioned that I'm the soprano for AHS's all-state quartet? Well, I am.

Damn; I don't remember what I've posted on here. I'm a National Merit Semifinalist. Did I mention that one? I don't know.

I'm a decent Corporate Pizza Joint waitress. At least, my tips would indicate it. I'm good at the people part; I suck at the cleaning part, and I fucking hate when they make me do food prep. I make lots and lots of money in tips, which is nice.

I swear too much.

My hair's getting too long. I can't decide if I want to grow it long enough to put it in a ponytail for work (the front is still too short for that, and it requires manymany bobby pins) or if I just want to chop it off and go the headband-or-barrette route. Damn food service requirements.

CPJ Waiter tried to scare me in the employee parking lot today by jumping out and banging his fist on my car window in the dark. It didn't work; I just laughed, and then we talked about his coat and his "NO WAR" button. I want one.

I got a cell phone. Yay for voicemail.

I have a new fetish for lemon poppyseed muffins. I've always loved them, but I just found out that Hy-Vee sells fresh ones in packs of 4, so I blow half my tips on muffins. I'm addicted; it's ridiculous. If I ever get fired, I guarantee it's because I'll flunk my drug test because of opium.

I got to be all indie and cool the other day. I've started wearing black ballet slippers as shoes because they're comfortable and they match everything. Some girl told me, "It's been done before." I replied, "So? It's not really a question of whether or not it's been done before; it's a question of whether or not I like it." She was duly impressed, and my street cred was maintained.

There aren't very many Democrats in my school. Somebody called me a "radical," to which I replied, "I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center." I figured quoting Vonnegut was easier than laughing at them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home