Sunday, May 09, 2004

We appreciate your business. Your order will be ready momentarily; have a nice day! I promised photos, and I shall deliver. Now that hpphoto won't let you link from it, I'm trying out new photo storage sites. I'm thinking photobucket sucks. It'll do for now. Here's a big ol' mess o' pitchers fer yous. I warn you now, there are a lot.

This is my street. See the red car in the foreground on the right side? That's my Breeze.


This is the city pond where I feed geese.


This is the park where I fly kites in the summer.


This is Main Street. Almost every business here is situated on a two-block stretch of road.



One of two eateries in town, Dairy Mart is seasonal. It's an ice cream shop that's only open in the summers. Yes, those are cow spots.


Remember how my old school got condemned and torn down? Well, the new building is a work in progress.


In the meantime, I have physics, chorus, band, independent study, and Spanish here.

And English, algebra, and history in these.


This monument has been in front of the school for about forty years. As kids, we used to climb on it and play around it. I never thought much of it. When Chantel first moved here, though, we were walking past it one day. She looked up, glanced at the monument, and remarked, "Well, that's phallic."


Looking for somebody under 90 on Friday nights in September? Trust me, they're here.


And this is the not-so-secret way they get in without paying. As a pep band player and a pillar of honesty, I don't have to use this entrance.


Here are the Quonset huts on the edge of town. I don't know what's up with them. They've just been around as long as I can remember.


I was asked for pictures of "the surrounding area," but, well, this is the surrounding area.


In the surrounding area, all the roads are gravel. Legally, you can drive 55 mph on them. Legally, you can drink paint thinner. They're both death wishes.


You can't see it (damn photobucket), but this sign says: MINIMUM MAINTENANCE - TRAVEL AT YOUR OWN RISK. When my friends and I were young and foolish (14 is the restricted driving age in SD), we cruised minmain roads all the time. We're still young and foolish, but now we have cars we can't afford to wreck.


Last, and almost unrelatedly, will anyone explain to me why somebody duct-taped garbage bags to this fire hydrant?