Wednesday, March 10, 2004

This is where I went to school for three years. I kind of miss it.



This flagpole was in front of my school for as long as I can remember. Then, the building got condemned, they put up a fence, and they ripped out the flagpole. They tore the school down last summer.



They condemned the structure after discovering that the layer between the exterior bricks and the interior walls had crumbled. The building was "a disaster waiting to happen," and apparently had been for some time. I like this sign. It doesn't really show up here, but in the originals you can see the big happy petunia garden right behind it.



These photos were taken in August of 2002. I went to school in that building until May of that year. By June of 2003, the old building was gone. We go to class in little two-room houses now. The new building should be completed by this September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home