Sunday, January 18, 2004

So...I'm upset. I don't really have a reason to be, other than the fact that I've been super-emotional the last two/three (?) weeks. I'm upset about everything and nothing all at once. Since I like lists, I guess I'll try to explain all the things that are bothering me as of this very millisecond.

  • I have to finish my physics homework--two and a half labs and two essays. It's due tomorrow, and I have no idea how to do any of it.
  • I fucked up my knitting project. I think I'm just going to unravel it and start over. How bothersome.
  • Yesterday I tried to get a library card at the Brookings library, but I'm not 18, so my attempts were fruitless. It's kind of a strange world when it's easier for a minor to acquire alcohol than a library card.
  • I could just have my mom or dad go to the library to get me a card, but neither will. I've already asked several times, and received the following reactions: "I don't have time to do that," "I don't want to pay $20 for something that you'll just lose," "That's what the school library is for," and "Not now. Maybe next time I go to Brookings."
  • I've been thinking about the school shootings lately. I wonder how Kip Kinkel is. I think Drew Golden's out in five years. He and I are the same age. Where is Barry Loukaitis now? God, I remember Andy Williams. Is he doing ok? Has it really been almost five years since Columbine? They don't cover the shootings like they used to--we barely heard about the St. Cloud killings last fall.
  • I broke 120 pounds. This shouldn't depress me, but it kind of does.
  • I'm afraid I did rather badly on my physics test on Friday.
  • I can't concentrate.
  • I don't want to go to school tomorrow.
  • I am totally devoid of energy.
  • Jesus Christ, five years. Is it weird to say that Columbine affected me more than 9/11? Because it did.
  • I want to go back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home