Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Self-Mutilation Dream #3

Last night I dreamt that I was sitting on my computer chair. I had a little stack of razorblades on my desk. I would reach over, pick up a razorblade, and then carefully shove it under one of my fingernails. I did this to all ten of my fingers, and my hands and arms were dripping with blood. It didn't hurt at all, and I remember thinking, "Huh. That's interesting." Then I smiled.

And then I woke up. This is the third dream I've had in which I've injured myself (as is obvious from the title). I'm never in any pain in the dreams. This is the first dream in which I've bled. A terribly bloody nightmare, I must admit. The only thing worse than the imagery is the attitude of the dream--not horrifying, just matter-of-fact.

I looked it up in a dream analysis book at the library, and here's what it said:
"Calmly Shoving Razorblades Under Your Fingernails and Bleeding All over the Place" - You, dear, are a psychopath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home