Sunday, December 14, 2003

Hey, check it out: gnomes, superheroes, and Mr. C.

When I was very small, I was hopelessly addicted to the Nickelodeon series The World of David the Gnome. (I also watched The Adventures of Pete and Pete religiously, but that's a link for another time.)

David the Gnome, as the cool kids abbreviated it to, was a cartoon about a gnome named David who lived in the forest. Yeah, that's about it. It had 26 episodes and one of the best theme songs since that show about the clumsy teacher who became a pseudo-superhero after a bunch of aliens gave him a superhero suit. David was voiced by none other than Tom Bosley, and this elf show would be the high point of Bosley's career (because Happy Days sucked, dammit).

After a thorough Google search, I located the now-defunct yesterdayland.org's page about Dave here. There's a great lack of TWoDtG sites on the Internet. If you need a niche, that's it, I tell you. Give us a David the Gnome page. You'll be famous.

(The other show I mentioned earlier is called The Greatest American Hero, by the way. Here's a ridiculously detailed fansite for it. This, my dears, is what television is all about.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home