Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. I just reread the last entry, and my word, I was cranky. Many apologies (or appy-polly-loggies; sorry, couldn't resist).

For some reason I've been quoting A Clockwork Orange like crazy for the past few days. It's weird; I've neither seen the movie nor read the book since last...um, April, I think.

My seven-year-olds were cute tonight. We talked about Galileo and the Catholic Church's disapproval of his idea that the earth revolves around the sun. I don't think they got it. (Coincidentally, I discovered today that the Vatican never officially stated that Galileo might just be right until 1983. We Catholics sure are on the up-and-up.)

Did I mention that I got hugged during lunch today? Randi, a cousin of my friend Katie and one of my usual baby-sitting charges, charged me as I was leaving and surgically attached herself to my leg. She's five years old and in kindergarten. She then proceeded to introduce me to her friend Heidi like this: "That's Heidi she's my friend she always sits by me she brought her lunch do ya see look Heidi this is Allison and she's my friend too and Allison look at Heidi she always brings her lunch." I replied with, "Hi, Heidi. I always brought my lunch in kindergarten too." Heidi beamed shyly and looked very hard at her sandwich. Aww.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know. Sigh.

Many happy returns, you vast binary void that is the Internet. Sleep tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home