Sunday, November 16, 2003

Disque du jour:

The Datsuns, The Datsuns
Strong Point(s): Pretty much nonexistent.
Weak Point(s): Everything.
Best Song(s): "In Love" could be a truly great song if you didn't get the feeling that the Datsuns take themselves pretty seriously (and if the second verse didn't suck beyond belief). If the Darkness had made this song, it would be epic.
Worst Song(s): Every other track on the album. I shudder to even attempt to listen to this phenomenally dreadful record again. I really don't love you guys enough to attempt to find the worst song on this. Almost every one makes me want to jam newly-sharpened pencils into my ears.
Other Comments: I bought this out of the blue, having never heard any of the songs, when it was on sale at Best Buy. That decision will haunt me for the rest of my life. For the love of God, do not buy this. If you're tempted, go get a root canal without anesthesia. Listen to Mariah Carey's greatest hits. Ask a friend to shoot you in the kneecaps and to slice off every shred of your skin with a piece of rusty copper. Follow up by carving out your pancreas with a dull kitchen knife and eating it raw. Then, you will have some idea of what listening to this record feels like.
Grade: 2 out of 100 (and those two points only because I love their name)