Saturday, June 07, 2008

Detail-Oriented

On Main Street, there's a printing company called "Intsy Prints." No big deal. Rhyming is catchy, and it calls to mind "itsy," which I guess emphasizes the clarity of their printing (and hopefully not just an insistence on only printing on postage-stamp-sized paper).

Today I drove past it, and I found myself momentarily confused by the realization that it's not Intsy Prints, it's Insty Prints. I know I'm petty, but that's an entirely different SOUND. "Inst" doesn't rhyme with "prints." It rhymes with "princed." Or "minced." Or "rinsed" or "winced" or "convinced."

So from now on I call it In-Sty Prints.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But 'tsy' doesn't rhyme with 'prints' either. It's flawed by initiation. Unless you thought it was Intsy Printsy.

I'm a regular reader. I like yo style.

Shekha

9:57 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

First off, hi!

Yeah, I know "insty" and "prints" don't rhyme. I was using the rhyme thing to try to demonstrate how silly the spelling error is, since it results in an entirely different sound.

I hope that made sense, and thank you!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home