Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Summertime Blues...Red, Yellow, Green, Green, Fuck, Orange?

There's this disease I call lastnotitis. It's highly contagious, and generally begins with one person loudly muttering (can you loudly mutter?) "Fuck!" As the disease spreads, everyone else in the room simultaneously groans and doubles over while biting their lip.

If you didn't get the title, lastnotitis proliferates when somebody's playing Guitar Hero and they miss the very last note of the song. Variant forms include longnotitis, when they miss a ridiculously long note and stare blankly at the screen for the next fifteen seconds, swearing under their breath, and starpoweritis, when you hit every goddamn note of a star power sequence and miss the very last one.

On a related note, the star power sequences in "Paint It Black" are obscenely long.

I just started playing Guitar Hero again today, finally wresting MY PlayStation2 from my boyfriend's greedy GTA-obsessed hands. Two weeks ago, I played GH at a party for the first time in months, and so I have begun diligently tapping away in my attempt to beat GH3 at Medium. Small hands are a definite disadvantage, making Hard next to impossible--I can barely get at the blue key, let alone orange. And Lefty Flip my ass--it's a major issue. Guitar Hero does not work for lefties, as much as they'd like us to believe it does. Playing lefty, like I do, is a cool party trick, but it's impossible to play standing up with the standard strap and it makes using the whammy bar much more difficult.

Okay, I'm done. Arr rarr rarr.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I'm beginning to understand that blank stare my parents give me when I talk about something technology-related with them.

I've never played Guitar Hero before but, as a fellow lefty, I instinctively feel your pain.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh, you must join the Guitar Hero cult. The lefty thing sucks, but it always impresses.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home