Monday, October 13, 2008

No Time to Say Hello, Goodbye!

Sorry, sorry.

This semester is absolutely hellish. I have six classes: Global Environmental Change, Women and Politics, poetry, Spanish Oral Conversation 2, creative writing, and Modernism. I hate them all. Fun, hm? Modernism isn't so bad; it's just a lot of work, and we haven't gotten a syllabus yet so I'm terrified to see when the paper(s?) will be due.

At any rate, I have never had this much homework.

I cut back to one day a week at work, so I am very broke, but I just can't manage any more than that. I'm falling behind in my classes as it is. There's just too much to juggle.

I am also trying to take care of a close friend whose four-year relationship very suddenly imploded. I really don't want to talk/even think about that.

All that plus trying to apply for grad school. I don't even know if I really want to go; it just seems like a good way to try to put off Real Life. Besides, what the hell am I supposed to do with an English degree?

I have been obsessing lately over the fact that I pretty much blew college. I hated this university, and I'm six months from a totally useless degree. Oh, well--I'll figure something out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on college being hellish, but SIX classes!? Are you by any chance a participant on a college psych experiment to see at what point people go crazy and start speaking in tongues?

You are much braver than I!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I know, it's nuts. I'm nuts. I was all like, "Oh, seventeen credits, no big deal, I did nineteen during my sophomore year and didn't blink." Apparently I am way less hardcore at 21 than I was at 19. Either that, or six upper level courses was a very, very bad idea.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home