Thursday, January 06, 2005

Awww

Tonight I went to Corporate Pizza Joint and left my boyfriend a $13 tip.

State of the Union: sweet, to quote Napoleon Dynamite, which he bought me for Christmas. I'm "dear" and "darling" and "honey" now. We talk about God and literature and existentialism and crabby managers and tomorrow.

He says, "I think I like you too much."

I say, "You can't just leave that hanging there, Joseph."

He says, "Cather...'Don't love it so well, Clark, or it may be taken from you.'"

I can only whispersing, "My love must be a kind of blind love. I can't see anyone but you. Are the stars out tonight? I don't know if it's cloudy or bright, 'cos I only have eyes for you. The moon may be high, but I can't see a thing in the sky, 'cos I only have eyes for you, dear. I don't know if we're in a garden or on a crowded avenue. You are here, and so am I. Maybe millions of people go by, but they all disappear from view, 'cos I only have eyes for you."

He whispersings along to the parts he knows. I lean up and kiss him.

He touches my fingers.

Things are quiet.

That is what this is like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home